Recently I had an amazing time going skiing and you can read all about it in my blog post Horseshoe Ski Resort. When we were there I thought how handy would a list of top ski accessories be right about now? When we were packing for the trip we packed everything or so we thought. So I am going to give you a list of the top ski accessories to bring next time you go skiing to a resort.
1) the most important thing to bring if you are a traveler and wanting to take amazing pictures while on the slopes is a camera. So this camera is one of the cameras I do suggest. I recently had a guest blogger recommend 3 cameras for travel phography. That blog post can be viewed here. One of those cameras which I read up on and recommend is this one.
The Sony 6000
2) Now you may be like me and not to keen on bringing a camera to the hill but you still want to take some pics. What I recommend is bringing your iPhone. So the problem with having an iPhone on the hill is the battery life gets severely limited due to the weather. For me it was -3 Celsius at the top of the hill so it was warm. Unfortunately my battery didn’t think so and my phone kept turning off. That’s why I recommend an external iPhone battery.
3) Now you will want to record some of those awesome slope runs or tricks in the freestyle park. To do that you will most definitely need a GoPro. When I was out on the slopes I had a Hero 3+ and it was suffiecent enough considering the price. You can view a complete run using the GoPro while in snow right here.
4) You are going to want to mount your GoPro so you can get some great shots and not have to worry about losing it so I do recommend a head mount. I used a head mount and it works.
5)When you are on the slopes the weather always plays a factor into the fun you will have so you are going to want a good set of goggles. Whether you are skiing or snowboarding goggles are a must!
6) Lastly you are going to want a helmet. I know it doesn’t sound cool but everyone wears one and you will probably need to have one on if you want to go into the freestyle park. I remember back in my day we never wore them and never seen anyone with them but now they are everywhere.
This is is my list of must have ski or snowboarding accessories. They will make your day on the slopes more enjoyable and willing help provide memories to show your buddies for years to come. You can sign up for my newsletter at the bottom to receive amazing deals on travel. If you like check out my Instagram page, pinterest account, twitter account and like and share my Facebook page.