This is a list of my top 5 Favourite locally developed Restaurants in Sudbury, Ontario. These are not restaurant chains but local talent in Sudbury.
- Alexandria’s – Alexandria’s is a Mediterranean Fine Dining establishment. Located at 211 Shaughnessy Street in the Downtown of Sudbury you will enjoy a fine selection of authentic food and amazing atmosphere.
- Bella Vita Cucina – Bella Vita Cucina located in the area of Sudbury known as the Donovan (493 Kathleen Street). You will find a true diamond in the rough in this establishment. This Italian Cusine restaurant is perfect for small groups, but as a traveller you will enjoy authentic Italian cuisine for an affordable price.
- Verdiccio Ristorante – This is an upscale Italian Restaurant in Sudbury. If you are in Sudbury and don’t mind spending a little more money for great modern Italian Cuisine than this will be the place for you. Verdiccio Ristorante is located at 1351-D Kelly Lake Road in the city’s South End and will not disappoint. You may want to call ahead to ensure you won’t need reservations.
- Pat and Mario’s – Another Italian Restaurant is located just steps away from the New Sudbury Shopping Centre and is truly a remarkable, long established eatery in Greater Sudbury. Located at 1463 Lasalle Blvd. You will have no trouble visiting this place by taking all forms of transportation. The restaurant has an amazing patio for summer evenings and is a great place to bring the family if you are looking for affordable great food while in Greater Sudbury.
- The Dog House – This is the Cadillac of all wing joints in the area. It is on the list because we need to mix things up a little and if you are looking for a beer to go with wings while watching a hockey game this is definitely the place to go! The Dog House is located at 212 Romanet Lane and is open 7 days a week. If you are in Sudbury for a sports event then you will definitely appreciate the wings. A couple years ago we ran in to Ron MacLean from Hockey Night in Canada here so if he knows his wings like he knows his hockey than you will make out just fine!
This is just a very small list of locally owned and operated eateries in Greater Sudbury and there are plenty more awesome ones. If you choose one of these though at the end of the day you won’t go wrong. Like and share this list and comment in the section below if you tried one of these establishments or if you like another one feel free to leave a comment on which one in the section below!