Here are 5 tips for Nickelodeon Resort in Punta Cana. We recently stayed at the All Inclusive Nickelodeon resort in Punta Cana during the March Break. This resort offers lots of things to do for the kiddies and is very family friendly. I put together a list of 5 Tips For Nickelodeon Resort to help you have an enjoyable stay.
1) When arriving at the Punta Cana airport in the Dominican Republic it was very easy for us to transfer from the airport over to the resort which is about 35-45 minutes away. We rebooked our transfer with the resort directly and it was well worth it. They used Nexus to transfer us over to the resort. When we signed up we could have payed for the private transfer but we didn’t we used the group transfer and to our surprise we were the only ones to do so and we transferred to and from the airport alone. Well worth the extra money.
2) Book Reservations for your dinner’s immediately upon arrival. This is kinda dumb in my opinion but with all the restaurants except 1 being a la cart you need reservations. The first day when we went for dinner at the Space Walker we were denied because we didn’t have reservations. The restaurant was empty and all tables were available and they still didn’t let us eat there so remember to book your reservations.
3) Don’t bother tipping your housekeeper. The first evening had come and gone and we consumed some of our beverages in the fridge so the next morning we tipped $5 American and we had a stalked fridge when we arrived back at the room. The stalked fridge did include some more alcoholic beverages but the kids juice was not replenished. The next morning we decided not to tip because the kids stuff wasn’t replenished and we had received even less. On the 3rd night we left a smaller tip and it did nothing so either drop some 20’s i guess or don’t bother.
4) Room Service is slow. We had ordered room service a couple nights after dinner and it took 45 minutes to get a small cheese pizza (4 pieces) to come to the room. Also the 1st morning there we ordered room service for breakfast and we would have been better off going to the buffet. The buffet is great and has lots of selection in my opinion so you won’t be disappointed.
5) Watch the time. Everything closes at 5 p.m. or so it seemed. When you are at the beach all the beach rental equipment (i.e.boogie board, etc.) stores are closed at 5 p.m.. The beach bars close at 5 and so do the towel exchanges. So on your last day there make sure to hand in your towel and get your card because its very expensive if you don’t.
These are pretty much 5 of your basic travel hacks to the Nickelodeon Resort and you will find more info on this resort in the near future when i have the time to write it lol. We chose this resort primarily because of the theme and because the Karisma Chain of resorts is first class. We stayed at the El Dorado Resort in the Mayan Riviera in 2011 and it was first class with amazing food. You can check out that review and our blog about that Adults Only Resort right here.
Don’t forget to Like this post and Share with all your friends.